FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.

Moderator: Matt

By FBIMOBSTER
Yeah I know about the FTC Photo Contest I was just wondering if they will do BIGGEST Flytrap Contest (once a year)? I would like to see every body's Biggest flytrap of the season!
By Matt
FBIMOBSTER wrote:Yeah I know about the FTC Photo Contest I was just wondering if they will do BIGGEST Flytrap Contest (once a year)? I would like to see every body's Biggest flytrap of the season!
Yeah, I too would like to see that. Perhaps we should host that contest as well. The question would be how long to run it? Would we have two contests, one for the southern hemisphere and one for the northern hemisphere?
By FBIMOBSTER
Matt
Yeah, I too would like to see that. Perhaps we should host that contest as well. Would we have two contests, one for the southern hemisphere and one for the northern hemisphere?
That sounds GREAT!!
Matt
The question would be how long to run it?
I would say at lease 3 to 4 month during the peek of the growing season!!
By RogerMcAllen
Instead of running a bunch of contests, why not just have a standing leaderboard?

Sticky a thread where people can submit pictures of their plants. The first post should be the current top 10 rankings with pictures. If someone posts a large plant not in the top 10 then their post just sits in the thread of large flytrap images. When someone takes a top 10 spot with a new picture, edit the first post with the new ranking.

I think tallest flytrap would be a cool category too, I've definitely seen a few good competitors around recently.
Advice On Using Pool

Agreed. Simply setting all your plants in them as-[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Cool. Thank you.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but t[…]

Just under two weeks left in the contest and here […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!