FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions and share knowledge about cameras and photographic technique

Moderator: Matt

By Adam
Wondering if it's worth the trouble.. or if I stand a chance winning the photo contests without that.
By dantt99
Just realized that my post was filled with BS :P sorry
Last edited by dantt99 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By GardenNub
If you dont know how to work with a RAW file then its kind of pointless, but if you learn or want to learn how then it adds a lot more flexibility with what you can do to a photo and is a much higher quality picture. A RAW photo is uncompressed so everything is exactly as your camera shot it. My camera has a mode to shoot with both, and I use it just so that when I learn to use RAW i can go back and mess with older pictures, but i dont know how to work with RAW now.
By bananaman
I would use RAW, but my camera only has JPEG.
When CHDK gets released for my Cannon SD 960 IS, I will definitely shoot in RAW, and use the other cool features, like motion sensor...

By the way, CHDK stands for Cannon Hacker's Development Kit, and it is open source software that does not void your camera's warranty and allows a point and shoot to have the functionality of a DSLR, without the interchangeable lenses.
By Nats
Working with RAW files is a pain in the butt unless you have plenty of practice and the
right aps.
Also, unless you intend to blow your photos up to poster size, no one will see the difference.

I have a full frame 35mm sensor on my Canon camera and have used RAW for lots of my shots.

To be honest, the difference is very subtle, if at all, and I HATE processing the files!!
More trouble then it's worth IMO ;)

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Not what you would expect...

The old trailer is kinda spooky as it is, withou[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!