FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By ally_
Just wondering what the most aesthetically appealing pot container you can use for plating your VFT is? I has seen some cool glass ones, and other small ceramic looking ones online. At the moment my VFT has been living in the small red plastic one I bought it in but was wondering if I could jazz it up in anyway?

I really love my VFT and want to keep it alive for as long as I can, so any good healthy suggestions would be great!! :)
By Fly Trap Hunter
do a search on pots for fly traps. There's pretty stuff at lowes or home depot and other lawn and garden places. just use a glazed pottery, nothing like unsealed clay that might leach chemicals or pull out moisture. A light colored plastic that doesn't absorb too much heat and heat up the roots. welcome to the forum and best of luck with your venus fly trap
Fly Trap Hunter liked this
By Fishkeeper
Un-sealed clay and terra cotta are out, and the pot has to be 6" deep or more. It needs to be plastic, glass, or sealed with glaze so that it can't leach in minerals or leach out water. Lighter colors are better because they absorb less heat when out in the sun. Drainage holes are mandatory.
If the pot fits those criteria, you can put flytraps in it.
By riveraXVX
nimbulan wrote:I think these look pretty good, and they're the perfect size for a lot of CPs with larger root systems. If you're lucky a local hydroponics store will carry them - otherwise you have to deal with shipping. https://www.hydrofarm.com/p/HG5X5SW
our local hydroponics shop has these but in the slightly larger sizes, I bought a few of them for next season they look classy IMHO
By Branmuffin
Also keep in mind you can use darker color pots, they will absorb more heat but if the pots are larger it makes little if any difference at all. I have some dark colored resin pots that are 6x6 and they have been great.

You might want to try searching for online plant s[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I got this baby in one of HH contests I believe li[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!