FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of carnivorous plants other than the Venus Flytrap

Moderator: Matt

By Frothy_Milk
It's June in Southern California, which means June gloom! My plants won't be seeing lots of sun and warm weather for a bit.

Might as well do a small update on my plants.

Sarracenia willsii has had little to no growth, but everything else is making progress.

This Dionaea "Cross Tooth" caught a lady bug today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Frothy_Milk liked this
By twitterglitter
Still looking good. That little D. binata isn't so little anymore.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
By Frothy_Milk
twitterglitter wrote:Still looking good. That little D. binata isn't so little anymore.

Yeah I know! I also found some hitchhiker Capensis in the middle of the binata. Grew from seed I guess.

By twitterglitter
I know this is off topic, but did you decide in a nepenthes?

By Frothy_Milk
twitterglitter wrote:I know this is off topic, but did you decide in a nepenthes?

I am probably not gonna do Nepenthes, because they require more care and more specific requirements. I may grow them in the future, but now is not a good time to invest money for a terrarium or a growtent. I'm gonna be sticking with the temperate plants like sarracenia, Dionaea, and some temperate drosera.

By twitterglitter
I can't blame you there. I only have the easy neps that I can keep on the window sill. I don't have much choice because where I live its too hot in summer and too cold in winter.
I keep forgetting to mention how much I like the color on your cross tooth. It's making me think I need to get one.

By Frothy_Milk
twitterglitter wrote:I can't blame you there. I only have the easy neps that I can keep on the window sill. I don't have much choice because where I live its too hot in summer and too cold in winter.
I keep forgetting to mention how much I like the color on your cross tooth. It's making me think I need to get one.

I don't have any windowsills that get direct sunlight. They all get filtered non-direct sun. I would be able to grow Nepenthes with a grow light but I can't find good cheap T5 fixtures that come with stands and don't require hard wire to use. Temp and humidity isn't so much of a big deal for my house though.

By twitterglitter
I had to tape bubble wrap to my window to diffuse the light. All of my good windows are south facing here and no shade until my trees grow. The poor things were getting sunburn even with a solar shade on the window.
I have been having an issue finding a good light set up as well. I have a really cheap, wierd thing going with some clamp lights and a LED fixture for now. Seems to work for drosera.

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!