FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By mnwatson1
Okay, so maybe it wasn't so much of a "migration," but the plants ALL got repotted today, and I had no idea it would take me nearly 2.5 hours.

On the upside, my growlist needs to be updated: the Pink Venus plants actually had one plant that had 6 divisions *fall off* of it when I was moving it, though I did keep the original lfsm around the roots to avoid disturbing them as much as possible. So now I have a grand total of 10 Pink Venus flytraps, as I also had a leaf pulling from last year.

I also took the opportunity to cut/remove most of the dead foliage, and trim up the dying stuff, leaving the green behind. I have one leaf that I thought was dead, as it's mostly black, but it has a white tip, so I stuck it in the lfsm and we'll see what happens. :)

I also have my pots prepped for seeds: one for my new set of Darlingtonia seeds, one for my new set of VFT seeds, and one for some D. Capensis seeds that I got yesterday from one of the other FTC members. :)

The place I ordered my NZ LFSM (it was cheaper in the amount I needed than going to Lowe's!) had ran out of 40L bales, and instead sent me 3.5 12L bales, so I got a little extra, and still have about 1.5 bales left! It fluffed up more than the Better Gro did, for sure! I believe the brand was Sphagmoss. It seemed like it was pretty good stuff, and there were a few greenish tips in there! :)

Edit: In the first pic, the VFT with the rhizome sticking up did get pushed back down into the lfsm. Also, I learned that the Purpurea that I had in a pot of peat/sand mix did NOT have the good root system that the ones I had in the LFSM of my VFT pot had. The difference in the length of the roots was nearly 4" in length!
Attachments:
My entire VFT collection.
My entire VFT collection.
DSCF0184.JPG (467.47 KiB) Viewed 1709 times
My smaller Sarracenia seedlings.  There's a tiny fourth one there that you can't see in the pic.  :)
My smaller Sarracenia seedlings. There's a tiny fourth one there that you can't see in the pic. :)
DSCF0182.JPG (385.8 KiB) Viewed 1709 times
My flowering Sarracenia
My flowering Sarracenia
DSCF0180.JPG (474.41 KiB) Viewed 1709 times
Sundews!  My Indica is now putting up a *third* flower stalk!  :D
Sundews! My Indica is now putting up a *third* flower stalk! :D
DSCF0177.JPG (255.99 KiB) Viewed 1709 times
The Purpurea pot!
The Purpurea pot!
DSCF0176.JPG (287 KiB) Viewed 1709 times
By SundewWolf
Nice! I like Pink Venus a lot too. I just got mine recently and it has huge traps with amazing color! Its a really nice cultivar!

I've been considering big planters like these for a while but I like to have my plants as separate "specimens". I'm thinking having three big pots to transport is better than 50 little tiny pots. Back and forth between home and campus now consists of a 10g terrarium, 2g terrarium, 1g terrarium, and a big box for all my sarrs and vfts! Oh and the Neps.
By Matt
Nice work!
mnwatson1 wrote:Edit: In the first pic, the VFT with the rhizome sticking up did get pushed back down into the lfsm.
Oh good! There are at least a few in the pot that appear to be potted a little too shallow to me. Hopefully they all got nestled into their new, clean media and are ready to explode into growth for you this year!
By mnwatson1
Yeah, I noticed a few that needed a little settling, and got corrected, but hey, I already had pics transferred. ;) Definitely glad to have this year's job behind me!

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk
mnwatson1 liked this
By mnwatson1
They're trying to settle back in now. My Drosera are having the worst time, they're pouting and refusing to make dew right now. :( My Sarrs are quite happy though, and putting up some pretty nice pitchers. With the pot on the floor, the largest new pitcher comes to my mid torso, and it isn't even open yet!!

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!