FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By dmagnan
This is my original typical that I've had for about a year now, at the beginning of spring I separated something like 5 or 6 divisions from the mother plant, since then the mother has split into this. I was avoiding repotting this guy because I knew how much work it would be, but there were so many leaves it was starving itself for light. With all the clones on my list now this typical is still my most vigorous plant, with the possible exception of my B52. The B52 produces bigger traps but this typical produces more leaves, so the mass is probably about the same.
Attachments:
5.jpg
5.jpg (201.9 KiB) Viewed 5821 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (242.44 KiB) Viewed 5821 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (264.27 KiB) Viewed 5821 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (234.85 KiB) Viewed 5821 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (521.38 KiB) Viewed 5821 times
dmagnan liked this
By jht-union
That VFT is massive, you got 8 plants out of that thing wow!

Everything looks good, the only thing i notice is that the rhizome is sticking out a lot, make sure they are underground? or did you just put them like that to take a pic?

Very nice, and good luck! :)
By dmagnan
jht-union wrote:That VFT is massive, you got 8 plants out of that thing wow!

Everything looks good, the only thing i notice is that the rhizome is sticking out a lot, make sure they are underground? or did you just put them like that to take a pic?

Very nice, and good luck! :)
Oh no those aren't planted, sorry, those are where I germinated seeds and am now growing babies. I just rested the plants there to take a picture. And it's actually only 7--the baby is a B52 (planted). It's just slowly growing up from a tiny little piece of tissue that broke off the last time I transplanted.
Not what you would expect...

Right now I'm in the process of trying to thwart[…]

From what I remember, one quarter teaspoon per ga[…]

rustoleum 2x painters touch, but i do touch them u[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

worm in substrate?

Yes. It looks like a fungus gnat larvae to me as[…]

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!