FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By banana007
Hey Everyone! I have a question about painting pots. I did a search but couldn't really find anything.

I know flytraps are super sensitive to things leaching into the soil and that's why plastic and styrofomam are recommended. If I spray-painted plastic pots (the outisde and partial inside) do you think I would need to seal them with something? Maybe an acrylic spray after they dry?

I'd appreciate ya'lls insight!
By banana007
I wasn't sure if the seal would be an issue or not. I know when I searched previous posts I'd seen a little bit about using a sealer if you wanted to use specific ceramic or clay pots.
By Steve_D
I often spray common black plastic pots with white paint (I use Krylon Fusion paint, which bonds to plastic) to help keep them cooler during summer. I haven't noticed any bad effect from doing so, so far.
Steve_D liked this
By CPgrower
I wasn't saying you shouldn't use the sealer. I was just saying that I don't really see a difference whether you use it or not. They (pant and sealer) are both chemical-based, but I believe they both will not be a big deal with letting go of any of those chemicals into the soil. XD And if Steve says you are good to go, you are pretty much good to go!
CPgrower liked this
By banana007
Thanks! Y'all rock!

The krylon fusion paint worked super well.

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!