FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By roostable
hi guys and girls, i recently purhcased a venus fly trap and i have noticed it is going yellow/dying however new leaves are growing fast.

i used the soil it came with in addition to garden soil ( i live in the uk) as i know even poor soil is fine, i keep it in the kitchen window so it gets a lot of sunlight and i use boiled water to water it. please can you tell me what i am doing wrong?
By Maiden
Garden soil will kill your plant. You should repot it right now, or very soon.

Have a look there:

http://www.flytrapcare.com/media-soil-f ... traps.html

For your water, boiled water is worse than tapwater. The water will be reduced by evaporation but the mineral salts will stay. Try to use distilled or rain water.

Hope this help :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
By Wikiwakawakawee
roostable wrote:is this ok? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5LT-PEAT-FINE ... 3cd8182269
I don't think that would work, it says it has the "right amount of pertilizers".... I think they meant fertilizers, and that will most likely kill your plant aswell, sorry :|
By Wikiwakawakawee
Well the first one has coco coir, and coco husks which you would have to soak many times, and for long periods, time as well, so I would avoid getting that, and I'm not sure about the 2nd one...It doesn't have info on what its made up of, but it does say its made to be like the wetlands...You should try contacting the seller and asking what its made up of :)
By toecutter
If you happen to have a Wyevale garden centre near you they should sell a carnivorous plant soil mix. I have used it in the past and not had any troubles.

As for watering, rain water from a water butt is should be fine. Just out of interest, where did you pick up your plant? In in the UK too :)

Cheers,
Tim.
Thoughts on Predatory Plants

Hey all, I wanted to ask about your thoughts on Pr[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning) […]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!