FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By AndyTheTaco
I bought this new pitcher plant approximately 3 days ago from the Garden Center, they haded a lot of this but little ones, they all haded a fungus/orange spots (the garden guy told me they began to have it after hurricane Maria/I live in Puerto Rico) except this one the biggest one there, it seems he's having problems with his pitchers he doesn't have any but is so healthy, ill take good care of him like I did with the one of the left he produces a lot of pitchers and is really healthy too, and I'm really happy about it. ( I don't know the exact name or species if you can tell me feel free to answer)Image

Sent from my LG-K530 using Tapatalk
By AndyTheTaco
Huntsmanshorn wrote:The plant needs more light.
Is 3 hours of direct sun will do?

By samlikesplants
For my nepenthes (also from garden center, very similar to yours,) they grew immensely and flowered, but had 0 pitchers on them for about a year. I changed the humidity they were in from about 40% to nearly 100% and now they each have around 15 massive pitchers. If nepenthes don't pitcher, it's likely from lack of light or lack of humidity.
By AndyTheTaco
samlikesplants wrote:For my nepenthes (also from garden center, very similar to yours,) they grew immensely and flowered, but had 0 pitchers on them for about a year. I changed the humidity they were in from about 40% to nearly 100% and now they each have around 15 massive pitchers. If nepenthes don't pitcher, it's likely from lack of light or lack of humidity.
Thanks for your reply and info! , Here in Puerto Rico humidity is 70+ at day and at night is 90+ , and is 3h or 4h of some direct sun ok?

By samlikesplants
3-4 hours of direct sun is fine.
By AndyTheTaco
samlikesplants wrote:3-4 hours of direct sun is fine.
Thank you!, and btw I'm looking for some one that knows what are these spots? Are they normal?Image

By Huntsmanshorn
Hard to tell from the pics but its probably just some sunburn. I usually don't worry about it but I'm in Wisconsin so my sun isn't as strong. Assuming it is sunburn, and it bothers you, then put the plant in the shade for a few weeks and then back in the sun a bit at a time and it should be fine.
By AndyTheTaco
Huntsmanshorn wrote:Hard to tell from the pics but its probably just some sunburn. I usually don't worry about it but I'm in Wisconsin so my sun isn't as strong. Assuming it is sunburn, and it bothers you, then put the plant in the shade for a few weeks and then back in the sun a bit at a time and it should be fine.
I think it might be that know that you mentioned it, I had it under a tree it might be that, but can I use a daconil fungicide just in case? And thanks for your reply!

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Not what you would expect...

The old trailer is kinda spooky as it is, withou[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!