FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By ice2k15
can someone tell me if these r typicals or maybe something more. i just bought them from local nursery that just got truck in from somewhere in northern floridaImage

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
By twitterglitter
They are typicals. Even if your fairly sure they are say 'fang' or another cultivar, and it came unlabeled, it is a typical. On the bright side, they are nice looking fly traps.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
By ice2k15
twitterglitter wrote:They are typicals. Even if your fairly sure they are say 'fang' or another cultivar, and it came unlabeled, it is a typical. On the bright side, they are nice looking fly traps.

i was just curious cause the traps are all huge :) but yeah they hadnt even had time to take em out the box when i got there to go thru them...the box had a row of vfts, 2 rows some kinda sundew, a row of purple pitchers, baseball bat pitchers, tropical pitchers and some butterworts with the lil purple daisy lookin flowers

By twitterglitter
It was a perfectly reasonable question and it gets asked a lot.
I wish the stores around here would carry a variety of cp's.
Your plants are very nice and I wish you the best with them.

By ice2k15
tyvm :)

By riveraXVX
the one thing a lot of folks seem to get confused on is 'cultivars' it took me reading and rereading and still asking questions a few months back to wrap my head around exactly... and the one big thing I tell people now trying to sort it out, "typicals" don't have to mean boring or plain as any cultivar in existence is still a boring old "typical" at heart, all the features you see in any cultivar were just part of the same gene pool of those at one point in their crossbreeding different plants and cloning along the way
By Big-Jack
Some of my "typicals" get quite large also. Like any other farmer commercial flytrap farmers select their most vigorous and prolific flytaps to propagate.

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!