FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By rockmissjess
Hey all i live up in northernish arizona... just introducing myself my name is jess im new into carnivorus plants just made my first order from the store.. 2 traps and a bag of soil...

My zone is Zone 8b here in arizona (not in the hottest part of AZ)
weather here ranges from 20-110degrees
Avg. July High 96
Avg. Jan. Low 20
I just bought my first plants and im wondering how i should set it up i went to the store and ordered 2 plants and a bag of soil... bought 6" pots with trays (plastic) also just bought a ikea small little glass greenhouse thing...2 gallons of distilled water... was wondering tho how i should set it up i do not have any sunny windows as the way my house faces is north and the south side is covered by porches as it gets hot here and thats the side the sun hits.. should i put them outside in the ikea glass greenhouse thing i bough on one of the porches so it can get morning sun or on the porch that gets the most sun but afternoon sun.. or should i keep them inside (69-75 degrees) in a window that gets bright light from outside but no direct sun? im so confuzzled on what to do.. :lol: :lol: i dont want them to die..
By Matt
Welcome to the forums!

Where you live, flytraps should do well outside pretty much all year. You'll need to protect them from the freezes in the winter. But otherwise, they should do quite well in those temperatures and with all of that AZ sunshine :)
Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!