FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Dalbright
Just bought a croc trap on eBay from a reputable cultivator and 2 days later like 3 of the biggest traps died , now it looks kinda sparse and raggedy . Is this normal ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By KategoricalKarnivore
It's probably just transport shock. It's normal for them to lose some leaves. Give it a week or two and you should see new growth by then.
By riveraXVX
pretty much any plant that is uprooted, shipped through the mail, and then is now finding itself growing in a different climate is going to experience some slowdown/issues once it gets settled into its new area, it should rebound with proper care.

you are gonna buy up half the supply of flytraps in the U.S. this month from the sounds of it haha ;)

are you seeing improvement on your other plants? they looked nice in the last photos I saw you post
By Dalbright
Yeah the all green one that I didn't think would turn pink on the inside is now getting color but the traps , I was hell bent on turning the shitty typical garden store traps around and revive them and so far it's working ! I just ordered Jaws alien and moon traps from flytrap care , so jazzed about them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dalbright liked this
By riveraXVX
awesome those jaws plants look really nice, alien ones look cool too!

I have 3 crappy hardware store typicals I'm saving from their deathbed(or should I say deathcubes?) 2 out of the 3 I got are now putting up tons of new growth the past week or two seems every day something new! and everything else is moving along! they've been enjoying the NC sunshine I think! the first functioning new trap opened today!! got about 9 days until I take the two month progress photos can't wait to show the difference!!
My sundew isn’t eating!

Hi guys here are my baby sundews now! Please like![…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!