FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By tannerm
Smooter80 wrote:Cool. I wonder if they need more light than a normal Nep? The green sections seem very dark to maybe not.
I’m not sure. I was told it like shade more than directly light... either way it’s under my LED and time shall tell :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By nblaster9
Reading up online about the variegated Nepenthes's Alata, it sounds like the plant can be a weak grower. That's probably why it's more sensitive to the heat. If I was you I would give it a decent amount of light but avoid direct light and to much heat. -just my two cents!

By tannerm
nblaster9 wrote:Reading up online about the variegated Nepenthes's Alata, it sounds like the plant can be a weak grower. That's probably why it's more sensitive to the heat. If I was you I would give it a decent amount of light but avoid direct light and to much heat. -just my two cents!

100% LED, so no UV - just what they need.

By tannerm
Sakaaaaa wrote:You have so many neps and I can't even get a real campanulata here! (Only campanulata x mirabilis)
I’m sorry :/ where you from?

By Sakaaaaa
tannerm wrote:
Sakaaaaa wrote:You have so many neps and I can't even get a real campanulata here! (Only campanulata x mirabilis)

Location is right of the profile picture. Indonesia.
By tannerm
Sakaaaaa wrote:
tannerm wrote:

Location is right of the profile picture. Indonesia.
Oh yeah I’m on the app so it doesn’t say. I feel like you could get tons of rare ones there. That’s where they’re endemic

By Sakaaaaa
tannerm wrote: Oh yeah I’m on the app so it doesn’t say. I feel like you could get tons of rare ones there. That’s where they’re endemic

Literally NOBODY here sells anything other than LLs and ULLs. I've seen eymae before, but I think it's out of stock now. There were only 2. The strange thing is, lots of people sell cold growing orchids.
By tannerm
Sakaaaaa wrote:
tannerm wrote: Oh yeah I’m on the app so it doesn’t say. I feel like you could get tons of rare ones there. That’s where they’re endemic

Literally NOBODY here sells anything other than LLs and ULLs. I've seen eymae before, but I think it's out of stock now. There were only 2. The strange thing is, lots of people sell cold growing orchids.
I’m sure you could literally go exploring and find some. Also I saw a guy on eBay selling hamata and aristo from Indonesia.

By Sakaaaaa
tannerm wrote: I’m sure you could literally go exploring and find some. Also I saw a guy on eBay selling hamata and aristo from Indonesia.

A. Well I certainly would if I could. I will wait until I am able to get a license to at least collect seeds. I would really to go to Sumatra, Borneo, and Sulawesi! Merapi would be cool too! One way I've been thinking to do this is start a rare plant "rescue" organization and get the government to support it :D ...

B. *Jumps out at screen* DOES HE HAVE ANY CAMPANULATA? KLOSSI? TENUIS? MADAGASCARIENSIS? But the real question I should be asking is... Are they poached??
By tannerm
Sakaaaaa wrote:
tannerm wrote: I’m sure you could literally go exploring and find some. Also I saw a guy on eBay selling hamata and aristo from Indonesia.

A. Well I certainly would if I could. I will wait until I am able to get a license to at least collect seeds. I would really to go to Sumatra, Borneo, and Sulawesi! Merapi would be cool too! One way I've been thinking to do this is start a rare plant "rescue" organization and get the government to support it :D ...

B. *Jumps out at screen* DOES HE HAVE ANY CAMPANULATA? KLOSSI? TENUIS? MADAGASCARIENSIS? But the real question I should be asking is... Are they poached??
A. Do it!

B. I don't think so, he doesn't have anything for sale now & I'd bet they're definitely poached: http://www.ebay.com/usr/rareneps4u?_trk ... 7675.l2559

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!