FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By cjpflaumer
Thanks again everyone. Day one of new conditions I was able to keep it 81 degree max. Still working on figuring out how to be sure it doesn't exceed that.
I moved my whole grow shelf away from the window, put up one of those blackout curtains that helps keep the room cool.

Heli, can you share ideas for automated cooling? I only have one highland so something less than an ac unit would be ideal haha.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
By cjpflaumer
I have kept it at or below 80 since this post. Minimum 60% humidity. Night temps around 55 give or take a few degrees. It's only been 12 days but this is what it looks like today. I am hoping that newest leaf will stay healthy. I have Maxsea to feed it if I can get a pitcher.

ImageImage

By cjpflaumer
Update on my little lowii if anyone is interested. Looks to be doing loads better now that the spider mites seem to be eradicated.Image

By tannerm
cjpflaumer wrote:Update on my little lowii if anyone is interested. Looks to be doing loads better now that the spider mites seem to be eradicated.Image

Oh yeah, tons better for only a month! Hey, grab some been neem and a spray bottle - works wonders for killing pests and is completely safe for the plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By cjpflaumer
tannerm wrote: Oh yeah, tons better for only a month! Hey, grab some been neem and a spray bottle - works wonders for killing pests and is completely safe for the plants.

Thanks! I'm really happy.
I have neem. I did a combo of neem and bayer 3 in 1. I also submerged it fully in water for 15 minutes. Drowns mites doesn't harm plant, win win.

By tannerm
cjpflaumer wrote:
tannerm wrote: Oh yeah, tons better for only a month! Hey, grab some been neem and a spray bottle - works wonders for killing pests and is completely safe for the plants.

Thanks! I'm really happy.
I have neem. I did a combo of neem and bayer 3 in 1. I also submerged it fully in water for 15 minutes. Drowns mites doesn't harm plant, win win.

Nice, it's looking real good! Just make sure it gets enough light, good humidity/airflow and you'll be golden

By Juan Zuluaga
How is the lowii now? How long is the formation of a trap?
By Copper2
Seriously? Can’t you see this is a 2017 thread?

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!