FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By katya_dog1
Wow! Drosera really look good in a pot all together like that, great growing!
By bvalente
Since I sold my LED grow light, I have everything under the T5HO structure and I plan on repotting a majority of my plants soon. I know some there will be some shock between the new photoperiod for some plants who were under the 16hr LED and now going under the 8hr T5 with my VFT but I also plan on putting them into new pots and probably back into LFSM instead of the 60/40 peat/sand mix I have been trying. I am pretty eager to! Also, they will all be in similar pots since some are in different heights and I can't stand it :lol:
bvalente liked this
By bvalente
Dionae wrote:What made you sell your LED b?
Honestly I bought it for the peppers and it was doing a great job, the issue came to when it was trying to flower to produce fruit. The light was beautiful for them, however the temperatures in my basement wasn't ideal. It needed more of a temperature swing from 60F to 75F back to 65F. Day/Night/Day. Im not trying to run my electric bill through the roof just for a few plants you know. So I tried some ambient CFL's around the plants to help provide some heat but they still wouldn't set. I didn't want to dump more money into a hobby I wasn't as passionate about as I am with carnivorous plants so I decided to sell it for my money back to break even.

My passion is CP's and I really enjoy them. Pepper growing, although I like it, isn't as economical here in Michigan because of our cold weather, it works in the summer but isn't as cost efficient during the winter. So I sold everything.

Now I got my CP babies underneath my 4bulb 2ft T5HO structure and they're doing great. Although some not the ideal 16hr LED light and going to a 8hr T5, they'll come back just fine after they adjust.
bvalente liked this
By katya_dog1
Wow! You're ceph has colored up like crazy since you got it!
By bvalente
2 hours later and finally done dividing them from my larger pots back into smaller ones. I think I like them better in smaller ones because they're easier to manage in their "own" environment. I am still giving them a shot in a 60/40 mix of peat moss and silica sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bvalente liked this
Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

(Canada) Y's Exotics Group Order

Hosting this on the CPSC Forums (although you don'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!