FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Nats
Thanks for clearing that up, I never knew if it was duck tape or duct tape!
On the one hand, I have heard of taping "ducts", but on the other, have never heard of
taping a "duck"!! So it makes sence!!

And now we return to our regular thread :)
By Nats
95slvrZ28 wrote:
Nats wrote:Ducktape; is there anything it CANT do??
It cannot do the job of WD-40...

That said, I'm quite confident that if you have duct tape (not duck tape! It's made for taping ducting in houses!), WD-40 and a hammer you can pretty much solve any problem the world has to throw at you...

You forgot CrazyGlue!! ;)
By Nats
dantt99 wrote:
SnapSnapIOM wrote:It is Duck Tape I have a roll in front of me
Duck Tape is a brand of Duct tape :P

Used for taping "ducts", yet made from the skins of "ducks"!! :?

That should settle it then ! :lol:
By 95slvrZ28
Nats wrote:You forgot CrazyGlue!!
I am quite convinced that when properly applied, you can make duct tape do the job of CrazyGlue. It might not be as pretty, but we're not going for pretty here, we're looking for an end solution.
Nats wrote:Thanks for clearing that up, I never knew if it was duck tape or duct tape!
*shrug* what can I say, I have a wealth of useless information...
By linton
Nats wrote:Ducktape; is there anything it CANT do??
As we say here in Australia "If it can't be fixed with duct tape...it can't be fixed."
linton liked this
By Jaws
I have a walk in type poly greenhouse setup now (pics in a week or so with plants, since end of dormancy i have been levelling an area of ground for it, and getting it stocked) , but there wasnt vents incorporated.
The material is the same as Shes Croftys link.

With all the cats about here i didnt want to leave the main door open, so what i have done is to cut two squares (roughly 9 inches each) one at each end of the roof.
Then i bought some similar material to the greenhouse and made a square for each hole (10 inches, one inch overlap),i taped these with waterproof tape over the holes to make flaps.
I use outdoor strength self adhesive velcro to open and close them.
By Nats
Jaws wrote:I have a walk in type poly greenhouse setup now (pics in a week or so with plants, since end of dormancy i have been levelling an area of ground for it, and getting it stocked) , but there wasnt vents incorporated.

With all the cats about here i didnt want to leave the main door open, so what i have done is to cut two squares (roughly 9 inches each) one at each end of the roof.
Then i bought some similar material to the greenhouse and made a square for each hole (10 inches, one inch overlap),i taped these with waterproof tape over the holes to make flaps.

That's a great idea! I was thinking of cutting some small flaps like that too, but with the curtain draped over it, and leaving
the door open, it stays at about 90'ish even when it's 105 outside.
We only have a few cats roaming around and they havent bothered the plants yet. It's the stupid squerrils that bother me!!

Do you have many squerrils in the UK?
By Nats
roarke wrote:Nats, like FBIMOBSTER and Matt said about the fan, i think is a good idea. But why don't you try to put a fan that blows the air to inside (beside the one that get the air out) ?

I think it's too small for a fan, I considered it, it would have to be a battery opperated fan.
No AC outlets anywhere around!!
By Jaws
Nats wrote:
Jaws wrote:I have a walk in type poly greenhouse setup now (pics in a week or so with plants, since end of dormancy i have been levelling an area of ground for it, and getting it stocked) , but there wasnt vents incorporated.

That's a great idea! I was thinking of cutting some small flaps like that too, but with the curtain draped over it, and leaving
the door open, it stays at about 90'ish even when it's 105 outside.
We only have a few cats roaming around and they havent bothered the plants yet. It's the stupid squerrils that bother me!!

Do you have many squerrils in the UK?

We do, although i personally have never had any problem with them in the garden.
Ive only ever seen them in parks/woodland.
Our native squirrel is the red variety, the grey which outnumbers them and kills the red, came from abroad.

105 F ? here its called hot if its high 80s :p
Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!