FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By MrsMuscipula
Thank you, Matt & Leah for offering this fantastic plant! :D Who else got one? Post your photos! I'd love to see the other Werewolf Spawn siblings!
Attachments:
20150919_154651.jpg
20150919_154651.jpg (498.16 KiB) Viewed 5154 times
By Matt
I love those plants! Every time I look at one of them, I get a giggle that wells up inside that I can't contain. They are such cool looking flytraps!

Thanks for purchasing one and supporting us, Maria!
Matt liked this
By sbrooks
I couldn't just take one home......it would get lonely!

I am shocked that any of these (only 13?) have remained for sale. Real "cultivar" or not, these are some of the coolest flytraps available, IMO.
Please, someone buy the rest of them up before I do!! 8-)
sbrooks, sbrooks, sbrooks and 4 others liked this
By Matt
sbrooks wrote:I am shocked that any of these (only 13?) have remained for sale. Real "cultivar" or not, these are some of the coolest flytraps available, IMO.
I couldn't agree more!!! This is by far the coolest flytrap we've sold in a long time. I think they bring me more joy than the vast majority of the flytraps I've cloned in recent years. And it's kinda cool for me that I raised them all from seed.

And just to clarify about the number of these seedlings: we had 13 genetically unique (though virtually visually indistinguishable) seedlings. They were all started in TC and propagated a bit before being potted out, so there are more than 13 total available. I think we've already sold that many, perhaps half as many as we will have total for the year. I'm going to keep propagating them through the winter and hopefully we'll have more next year to offer :)
Matt liked this
By sbrooks
Matt wrote:I couldn't agree more!!! This is by far the coolest flytrap we've sold in a long time. I think they bring me more joy than the vast majority of the flytraps I've cloned in recent years. And it's kinda cool for me that I raised them all from seed.

And just to clarify about the number of these seedlings: we had 13 genetically unique (though virtually visually indistinguishable) seedlings. They were all started in TC and propagated a bit before being potted out, so there are more than 13 total available. I think we've already sold that many, perhaps half as many as we will have total for the year. I'm going to keep propagating them through the winter and hopefully we'll have more next year to offer :)
Thanks for the clarification. So, just wondering, is "Evil Puppy" still going to happen?
By Handrail Pete
And mines :) I love how they all look a little bit different!

And to Matt: I'm sure the answer to this question is no, but did you by any chance label the seedlings from 1-13 to keep track of the different spawn? Would be cool to know I have werewolf spawn #7 for example
By Matt
sbrooks wrote:Thanks for the clarification. So, just wondering, is "Evil Puppy" still going to happen?
I have sent a few plants labeled FTS Evil Puppy to a couple of people. It's still being tracked and I have it labeled. It's Werewolf Seedling #1.
Handrail Pete wrote:And to Matt: I'm sure the answer to this question is no, but did you by any chance label the seedlings from 1-13 to keep track of the different spawn? Would be cool to know I have werewolf spawn #7 for example
Yes, they're all labeled Werewolf Seedling #1 (FTS Evil Puppy -- though I might not end up using this name at all) through Werewolf Seedling #3. Leah's been selecting the plants to ship, so I don't know which ones she's been sending, but I think a lot of them were Werewolf Seedling #3.
Matt, Matt liked this
By katya_dog1
MrsMuscipla, I think your seedling/young plant is one of the best! Very nice photos all!

I'll have to look into getting one, these are too cool to pass up. Some look better even than the original Werewolf, IMO.
Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!