FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By Jonathan_
Hey guys I am beyond excited as I placed my first FTS order yesterday. I ordered a Rehder Giant 1 from a TC tube. I have a few questions. How many plants will be in 1 tube? It says it may take up to 8 weeks to ship out. What is the average from anyone here who has ordered tc's internationally? I am in NS Canada so.. Btw my wife smurked at me when I told her the cost of 120.95$ Canadian to get these things. Lol.
By Matt
Hey Jonathan!

I am actually just about to go out to the TC Lab (aka the flow hood in my garage) and make your culture today. I have a lot of cultures to make, so it might not get created until tomorrow. But it will be done soon. I could possibly ship your tube to you as soon as a couple of weeks. But I normally try to plan around freezing weather, if possible. The good news is that the longer the tube sits on the shelf, the more plants will grow in the tube.

Upon creating the culture, I try to pack at least 3 plants into each tube. Depending on the size of them, I can sometimes get 5 or 6 in there, but I'd say the average is 3 or 4 plants. If they grow out on the shelf for a while, they can sometimes divide into 10 or more plants in the tube. And the "number" of plants in a culture is kind of irrelevant because they will normally divide again after they are potted out.

Hope that answers your questions.
By bijillon
How do we order a rehder giant 1 tc tube

Happy Growing,

Dillon
By Matt
bijillon wrote:How do we order a rehder giant 1 tc tube
If you live outside of the United States, you can place your order here:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/store/intern ... ?mode=grid

Be sure to include a Phytosanitary Certificate ($31) and be aware that express shipping is $55.
By bijillon
What if we live in the United States, is it only potted, and when will they be for sale potted.

Happy Growing,

Dillon
By Matt
bijillon wrote:What if we live in the United States, is it only potted, and when will they be for sale potted.
All plants in the FTS International will show up in the US store eventually. Most show up in small quantities the following growing season they're offered in the FTS International. And then larger quantities the following year.
By bijillon
Matt wrote:
bijillon wrote:What if we live in the United States, is it only potted, and when will they be for sale potted.
All plants in the FTS International will show up in the US store eventually. Most show up in small quantities the following growing season they're offered in the FTS International. And then larger quantities the following year.

Happy Growing,

Dillon
By Jonathan_
Matt wrote:Hey Jonathan!

I am actually just about to go out to the TC Lab (aka the flow hood in my garage) and make your culture today. I have a lot of cultures to make, so it might not get created until tomorrow. But it will be done soon. I could possibly ship your tube to you as soon as a couple of weeks. But I normally try to plan around freezing weather, if possible. The good news is that the longer the tube sits on the shelf, the more plants will grow in the tube.

Upon creating the culture, I try to pack at least 3 plants into each tube. Depending on the size of them, I can sometimes get 5 or 6 in there, but I'd say the average is 3 or 4 plants. If they grow out on the shelf for a while, they can sometimes divide into 10 or more plants in the tube. And the "number" of plants in a culture is kind of irrelevant because they will normally divide again after they are potted out.

Hope that answers your questions.
That's cool. How big will they be? Full adults? or babies once I take them out of the tube? And I guess the longer I wait the better it will be :) also do you have any more pics of this plant other than the one up on the Rehder forums page here in FTC?
By Matt
Jonathan_ wrote:That's cool. How big will they be? Full adults? or babies once I take them out of the tube?
There's usually a mix of sizes, but most plants out of tissue culture are quite small. Though they do grow quite quickly once in soil.
Jonathan_ wrote:And I guess the longer I wait the better it will be
Yes, to a point. The longer the tube grows out, the more and larger the plants. But after about 8 to 10 weeks, the plants will start declining. So it's best to get them out between 6 and 8 weeks after the culture is created.

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!