FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By jht-union
Hey FTC!

Here are a few pics of my plants this summer, my rock garden and bog garden! :)

To start, this picture was on May 8, 2015

This is as of today August 23, 2015 nearly 5 months later!

I have a variety of pitcher plants, and B52 VFT's and a few others on the far end not visible in picture with tracyi and filiformis and intermedia but as you know sundews are weeds and they are all over the bog garden!

And now my rock garden:

Sempervivum and sedum, and the round section with aquaponics rocks has 4 kinds of mint in it.

Maintenance is pretty easy for someone with no time who also loves plants very much :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ! :D

I used pond liner for the bog garden, nearly 2 feet of soil with less towards the gate since it is not leveled. faucet in the bottom sticking out from one end to drain water if necessary and that's it.

I water about twice a month, that means me using the hose to water, keep in mind I live in NC where these plants are native to and it rains frequent enough to keep them healthy without much intervention from my part!

Rock garden, same thing I water twice a month, easy to grow in rocks with very little soil to no soil at all and they will be happy plants to eternity!

I fertilize all my plants with a weak solution of miracle grow fertilizer, yes including CP's twice a month early in the spring and early summer, once end of summer, will do 1 more application sometime soon and will start again in spring 2016.

This will be the first fall/winter for the bog and rock garden, I am eager to see how they do and hopefully they will come back even more stronger and better next year!

thanks for reading!
jht-union, jht-union, jht-union and 2 others liked this
By jht-union
ashpv wrote:Wow, that's beautiful. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you! :)

Handrail Pete wrote:Beautiful indeed. You will need to expand the bog garden!
No thanks lol, I restricted myself to the carnivores so I don't expand it lol (CP addiction is wild lol hahaha)
Grey wrote:So great to see you involved in the hobby again jht! I know I've not been about a whole lot over the last few months so not sure what's been going on, but it's so fantastic to see you with plants again. :D
I have always kept growing the plants and so amazing to still see you here! Hope all is well! send me a private pm!
Jds wrote:The rock garden is just awesome! :)
Thank you! :)
Benurmanii wrote:Hot damn! Are those S. minor pure S. minor or hybrids?
Those are hybrids, they are pretty cool! :) Thanks!
jht-union, jht-union liked this

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!