FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

List the plants you grow

Moderator: Matt

By minimao
So I finally found a fb group for NZ cp fiends and omg some of them have some beauties!
I'm more of a casual cp grower myself.
Anyway, I'm keen on preserving native plants of all kinds so managed to get some baby drosera that are pretty common but native here anyway. Also got a baby Sarr leucophylla and a baby Miranda - cos hey, why not heheImage D. Binata
Image D. Auriculata Imageand a NZ spatulata
Image new Sarr Image and Miranda Image and for good measure a rescue nep- prob ventrata already pitchering.
Ok thanks for reading, any tips or tricks welcome!!! Ps our sphagnum moss is really good ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Benurmanii
I'm always extremely jealous of people with falls-early springs that aren't too mild but aren't too cold so that they can grow tuberous Drosera outdoors. Then again, I would have to use fridge dormancy for my temperate Pings.
By minimao
Hehe it's pretty temperate in Auckland. We have Drosera all over the place. Cape sundews are a pest here so the council wants people to pull them out! Haha. I haven't obtained any pings yet!

By Benurmanii
minimao wrote:Hehe it's pretty temperate in Auckland. We have Drosera all over the place. Cape sundews are a pest here so the council wants people to pull them out! Haha. I haven't obtained any pings yet!

It gets a bit too cold in our winters to grow tuberous Drosera outdoors, also probably a little bit too cloudy too often.
By minimao
We're just coming into summer .. Well, late spring and it's always raining but still sunny. Very NZ weather. Drosera and Cephs are loving it and just starting to sprout up again !

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? No, He hates ants. But I am pretty sur[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

This was the shipment that arrived while I was the[…]

What’s happening

It was rot Im not sure if it was root rot or crown[…]

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!