FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By KZhang664
Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum, but I've been growing carnivorous plants for over ten years now and am looking forward to getting to know everyone here. I've amassed a decent collection of venus flytraps, Sarracenia, Nepenthes, Pinguicula, and Drosera, and recently got two Drosophyllum that I'm babying. Some of my favorite plants in my collection are a D. regia, N. hamata, inermis, jacquelineae, lowii, and bicalcarata, and a B52 flytrap. I'm always looking to expand my collection, particularly with the sundews and butterworts (unfortunately I'm running out of space for Nepenthes!)

I'm from Philadelphia, and am currently a med student at Penn. Because I noticed that there aren't really any carnivorous plant groups in the area, I've recently started up the Mid-Atlantic Carnivorous Plant Society. We'll be holding our first meeting at the Carnivorous Plant Nursery in Maryland on Saturday, June 17. I'd love for people living nearby (or anywhere, really!) to check us out and come to the meeting.

In the meantime, feel free to visit our website at http://www.macpsociety.com and Facebook page!
By Shadowtski
Welcome to the group. You'll find a lot of nice people here and a few old grumpy fossils like me. Sounds like you have a nice collection, some great specimens.

I'm a Drosera guy but I love my Drosophyllum also. I consider them an honorary Sundew.

Good growing,
Mike
Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!