FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Moderator: Matt

By Leathal_Traps
Title says it all. Looking for a portable AC that I can use in my future growtent. I need it to be able to drop temps to at least 60f if not 55f. Suggestions?
By Nauz
Your temps inside your house I mean? I'm sorry just trying to see what we are working with here to find a solution.
By Nauz
Leathal_Traps wrote:Yup, it gets hottttt. I prob going to go with a 200-$400 from lowes or something
Portable evaporative ac's might work for you. Requires filling with water and there is so many models. I don't think you need a big one as the sqft is a lot smaller then what the machines are built for. Let me know what you settle on and how it works. I'm interested in something similar eventually.
By KategoricalKarnivore
I use a Whynter brand portable but the lowest temp setting is 61F. My girlfriend's Mom uses Commercial Cool and it goes to 60F. They work great in a large area. I would imagine in the small area you have it will do very well.
By Smooter80
I think Nauz could be on to something. An evaporative cooler would have the benefit of adding humidity while an air conditioner dries the air. I'm not sure how well evaporative coolers work though.
By boarderlib
This is just me spit balling again. You may also want to look into a way of insulating the tent from your house temps too. Possibly a Styrofoam shell on the outside of it. That should help keep the temps inside to a minimum. Just thinking.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!