FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By riveraXVX
snap us a photo or two once you get repotted and all situated! the only other thing after is lots of sunlight and proper watering with moist not wet soil!

you may still lose the leaves/traps that are on it but the thing to pay attention to is new growth popping out sooner than later! most of my plants that had setbacks started to relax/normalize within the first month even two that I thought were total goners (sunburn to the point of being sad charred nubs of plants) have now been bouncing back and spitting out new life! hopefully yours shall do the same!
By Ratfus
Sorry about the late response, I was out of town.

Now that I've repotted the plant, it appears to have a few large green leaves (traps) growing. Before, the leaves would die off, before getting this big; the new one still hasn't opened, but it's gotten fairly large, much larger than the other ones did, before they turned black.

Here are some pictures of the plant right after I repotted, so it looks even better today...
Attachments:
Vft 2.jpeg
Vft 2.jpeg (945.92 KiB) Viewed 966 times
Vft 1.jpg
Vft 1.jpg (940.03 KiB) Viewed 966 times
By riveraXVX
awesome looks like its coming along nicely! let it soak in that sunlight and keep it properly watered and you should see it sprout up more and more it took us a solid month / month and a half to REALLY start growing again after some setback hopefully the growth continues and those traps come and open up no problem! feels much better when you see some new functioning traps working :)

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!