FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Shadowtski
Did you transplant it or change its conditions lately? My D. aliciae are very slow to adapt to change or disturbances. As long as you have pure water, clean media, and lots of light, it should recover. But don't panic and don't rush it.

I see some Reddish color on the new growth. Did you change lighting?

Good growing,
Mike
By CAMOMAN
Shadowtski wrote:Did you transplant it or change its conditions lately? My D. aliciae are very slow to adapt to change or disturbances. As long as you have pure water, clean media, and lots of light, it should recover. But don't panic and don't rush it.

I see some Reddish color on the new growth. Did you change lighting?

Good growing,
Mike
Yes its a new plant and new repot!! Have it getting morning sun till around noon then shade. Should i give it sun all day?
By roarke
In the past, some three months ago, i kept the substrate moist around them at a distance of about 5 cm around them and more sporadicaly on the entire surface, and the two drosera aliciae did not have dew and they have grown slowly.

Now for about 1 month I have moisten the area constantly around them with a small squirt bottle like ussual but now by a little more than a half of the pot surface (about 13 cm) and it had recovered more quickly.

In the pot i have two drosera aliciae in a pot filled with 12.5 cm substrate in height.
I keep them in a taller pot because i will move there a couple of drosera alba and typicals so they have a bigger root system and maybe they will grow bigger.
As a side note, the drier part of the pot doesn't have moss anymore.

Lol mine could use a few lessons from yours! :D Af[…]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!