FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By boarderlib
I'm thinking about ordering a Sarr from this website either a Judith Hindle or a Dana's Delight, but I would like to know if anybody has any experience with him or his website. I tried searching for a review but only found one post that didn't really contain anything saying how his business ethic is, or his product.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
By sbrooks
I have no experience with him, but I think that if you're going to call your website, "Flytrapking", you should offer more than typicals and 2 clones. "Flytraps, ltd." would be far more appropriate.
sbrooks, sbrooks liked this
By boarderlib
sbrooks wrote:I have no experience with him, but I think that if you're going to call your website, "Flytrapking", you should offer more than typicals and 2 clones. "Flytraps, ltd." would be far more appropriate.
I do not think truer words have been spoken! His Sarr prices seem kind of low to me, that is part of my concern.

By Matt
sbrooks wrote:I have no experience with him, but I think that if you're going to call your website, "Flytrapking", you should offer more than typicals and 2 clones. "Flytraps, ltd." would be far more appropriate.
Got my laugh in this morning :lol:
Matt liked this
By nimbulan
boarderlib wrote:I do not think truer words have been spoken! His Sarr prices seem kind of low to me, that is part of my concern.
They don't seem low to me. You're just looking at common and very fast-growing cultivars that should be cheap. The prices of the other Sarracenia he has on offer look pretty normal to me. I have never ordered from there though.
By Eric Millikin
I've bought sundews and sarrs from Josh at least three times. Once last summer (2015), and twice the summer before that (2014).

I've always had a great experience, and I'd buy from him again.

He used to be "Carnivorous Plants Connection," if you maybe want to look for reviews under that name.

I think he changed to "Flytrap King" within the past few months when he set up his new web store. The previous "Carnivorous Plants Connection" was run through a list (he'd post his list, you'd email with what you wanted), and his new web store looks like a smoother shopping cart kind of thing.

He is fairly active on instagram if you want to see what you might be getting and who you are working with: https://www.instagram.com/flytrapking/
By boarderlib
I've been doing so much shopping lately that maybe all of the numbers are starting to blend together. At this rate in going to need a greenhouse by fall. Lol.

Thank you all for the insight so far. Thank you for the summary Eric!

By boarderlib
Well I pulled the trigger, and now I have a S Dana's Delight that will be on the way from Josh a heli minor, a Lueco form Sarr, and a Capensis Alba. The last three from members on here. It's shaping up to be a good week!

By Dionae
Josh has awesome plants. I wouldn't hesitate recommending him. I actually had the chance to meet Josh and visit his greenhouse, though I think he's upgraded since my visit. His collection is very nice, plants very beautiful. I picked up a rugelli, a rubricorpora, some dews and companion plants for around $20 and I was elated.
By boarderlib
Dionae wrote:Josh has awesome plants. I wouldn't hesitate recommending him. I actually had the chance to meet Josh and visit his greenhouse, though I think he's upgraded since my visit. His collection is very nice, plants very beautiful. I picked up a rugelli, a rubricorpora, some dews and companion plants for around $20 and I was elated.
This is great to know! Thank you! He seems to have a descent selection of Sarrs, and those are pretty much my favorite plants. So as long as everything goes good I'm sure I'll be ordering more from him. I'm just hoping my order ships today and not next Monday.

I was just pretty leery at first because I've never heard anything about him either way. Two good reviews from reputable growers and nothing bad, says a lot.

Thanks for the input!

boarderlib liked this
By boarderlib
Just a little update on my present experience with Josh. I did miss the shipping deadline for last Monday, but that's okay, since I'm going to be adding another Sarr(Judith Hindle) first thing in the morning.

I have been emailing back and forth with him a few times this week. He's very responsive and professional. I just emailed Josh giving him a heads up to expect my next order, and he emailed my back with a discount code to offset the shipping costs. Yes, this is something that should be standard for a business, but we all know there are a lot of shady people in this world. I personally take this as a good sign of character. Those are the small businesses that I try to support every way I can.

I must say so far he is a complete pleasure to work with. I'm really excited to see my new Sarrs next week! I'll update here when I get the Sarrs, as far as satisfaction. For other people's future reference.

Thanks again!

boarderlib, khutru liked this
By boarderlib
Okay. Update time. I got my first two Sarrs from Josh in three inch pots. I don't have a picture right now since I got a new phone and backed up my pics on my laptop, which I've used once in the last two years. Anyways I was so pleased I went ahead and got three more with four inch pots, a Hybrid 19, an "Abandoned Hope", and a "White top x Gulf Sweet." Here's a pic of those when they arrived.

Image.

So to restate the obvious, I will definitely buy from Josh again! He's seems like a real good guy to deal with.

Thanks for everybody's input!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
boarderlib liked this
By optique
I got 2 items from this guy today:

#1 Drosera binata "Extrema" - Multi-Forking Sundew 4" potted
#2 Sarracenia Juthatip Soper pitcher plant large unpotted

this is what i got in the mail:

The "FlyTrapKing" may only have typical fly traps, but he is shipping out some large nice looking Sarracenia.
FTS Deep Red Guerrilla

they are waking up! https://i.imgur.com/d7iJ3aF.[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

Not the exact same as it is 150W but might work ou[…]

So this is the only "lone wolf" that I h[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!