FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By pieguy452
Hi!!! Holy cow it has been a while since I've been on these forums. Long story short I have been so caught up with a ton of different things for a very long time. I got so caught up I had a very hard time taking care of all my plants at the same time. I, sadly, wasn't able to take care of them 100% like I used to be able to and feel ashamed about it. However, I am now at a more comfortable position in life and I am now going back into the flytrap community and carnivorous plants at full force!!!! Couldn't be more excited!! Lots of things have changed on the website I see, looks awesome. Can't wait to get caught up and check out what everyone has been up to! Here's a couple of pics of some flytraps I just potted up today. They don't look the absolute best right now, but I am hoping to try and restore my greenhouse to its former glory!!!

pieguy452 liked this
By xr280xr
Welcome back! I thought I hadn't seen you around for a while.
pieguy452 wrote:They don't look the absolute best right now, but I am hoping to try and restore my greenhouse to its former glory!!!
Hey, they're healthy and growing. That's all that matters. They'll look good in no time!
xr280xr liked this
By pieguy452
xr280xr wrote:Welcome back! I thought I hadn't seen you around for a while.
pieguy452 wrote:They don't look the absolute best right now, but I am hoping to try and restore my greenhouse to its former glory!!!
Hey, they're healthy and growing. That's all that matters. They'll look good in no time!
Yeah they're not in too bad of shape, the rhizomes are actually quite healthy. I can't wait to see how they look during the summer. I'm also going to try some different growing techniques this summer that I have never tried before, like foliar fertilization. Might even dabble with tissue culture. It's gonna be a good growing season :D
By tommyr
Not your fault, life gets in the way sometimes. Welcome back!
tommyr liked this
By pieguy452
Monarch-puppet wrote:Welcomed back! And they look awesome in my opinion, especially for not being taken care of 100%!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
My personal standards are a little high I guess lol. They are certainly not in like Walmart flytrap "Death Cube" shape. I just beat myself up over it because I know I could've taken better care of them. They were just "living" when they should have been "flourishing".
By Monarch-puppet
pieguy452 wrote:
Monarch-puppet wrote:Welcomed back! And they look awesome in my opinion, especially for not being taken care of 100%!

My personal standards are a little high I guess lol. They are certainly not in like Walmart flytrap "Death Cube" shape. I just beat myself up over it because I know I could've taken better care of them. They were just "living" when they should have been "flourishing".
I see where your coming from, at least you can give them more attention now :)

Monarch-puppet liked this
By pieguy452
Well all my flytraps have been repotted, sarracenia are next :)

I still have a ton of room left, want to have the greenhouse full of flytraps!!!

pieguy452 liked this
Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!