FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Fishkeeper
Bought this pretty thing from PredatoryPlants.com as an unlabeled hybrid. I don't have the "before" pics because they're on Photo-hey-now-you-gotta-pay-Bucket, but here's what it looks like a few months later. I love the dark edge of the pitchers, and that it has lighter colors and more distinct patterns on the unopened pitchers. Colors are deeper and red on leaves is more pronounced IRL. Pitchers are about 3cm tall. Ft. photobomb by Venus flytraps, including a nice red-toothed one.

Anyone else have some nice hybrids, labeled or not, that you wanna show off?
By Rammplins
He looks VERY similar to my spectabilis x aristolochioides, it is my favorite in my collection right now. I just love the way its pitchers look.

Here is a pic for comparison

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
By Fishkeeper
Ooh, yeah, that's a really close match. Wouldn't be surprised if they're the same, but I'm not gonna label mine since I can't be certain.

Yours has a ton of pitchers, that's impressive. Do you keep it in high humidity? The moss also looks really nice. What's it potted in? Mine is LFSM with a touch of perlite.
By Rammplins
I cant take credit for the moss or half of the pitchers, it was shipped in perfect condition. It seems like it is in some sort of lfsm mix, cant see too well due to the lush moss.
I have a highland tank I keep him and my other highlanders in right now, humidity stays around 80-99 with some great white inoculant in the fogger. Days are 77-82 and my night temps have been 65-60, hopefully I can get that to drop more, my peltier cooler finally came in last night!
By charlie
Nepenthes (thorelii xxmixta) x ?
Handpicked by me from Sam Estes nursery in Hawaii, the photo doesn't do the pitcher justice!
By Nick

spathulata x. spectabilis “Giant”

Large pitchers with awesome peristomes. Starts out mostly green/yellow and the red fills in as the pitcher matures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Rammplins
Nick wrote:Large pitchers with awesome peristomes. Starts out mostly green/yellow and the red fills in as the pitcher matures
Ooooo, I have one too. Nowhere near the pretty colors yours has yet though, now I have to go home and whisper some encouragement at him.

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!