FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss all micropropagation related topics here.

Moderator: Matt

By blucksy
I recently purchased a lot of 25 4 ounce baby food jars. It is to my understanding that they may have small amounts of baby food residue on them. How can I clean them?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
By jwalker
Rubbing alcohol will get them clean the strongest u can get and most will evaporate but rinse the well after words
By Matt
I assume that you're going to do the standard procedure of putting the media in the jars and sterilizing it in a pressure cooker? If so, and if you can't see the baby food with unaided vision, you don't need to clean them any further. But if you can see the baby food on them, just wash them in warm water or run them through the dish washer.
Matt liked this
By Doomsday
Empty and rinse the jars thoroughly. Soak them for a few hours in warm, soapy water. Scrub them with a sponge. Put them in the dishwasher. They should be pretty clean after that. Anything remaining on there should be microscopic, and will be sterilized by your pressure cooker/autoclave.

Sometimes the glue on the outside of the jars won't completely go away without chemical dissolving. I'm tempted to try WD-40 and a scrubbing pad on a few of mine, so it's easier to see inside where the glue makes it blurry, but otherwise, it doesn't seem to interfere any other way.
By nicszabo
For the glue itself, use 'goo gone' before washing the vessel. It works great.

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!