FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Alex2893
I potted this as meticulously as i could. This was an expensive plant and i want to make sure it grows as good as it can :)
These pots are 5 by 5 inches and 7 inches deep. My Dcxl, Fts Etna are in these pots and are growing extremely well so these pots are very good

Image20160509_171641 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
Image20160509_171733 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
Image20160509_171759 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

Can you spot the Wip Long Snapper LOL
Image20160509_172653 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
By Alex2893
I just lost a wip slim snapper to rot because i kept it to wet and wd had no sun cool temps are rain for 15 days. Now im trying to dry out all my plants as quick as possible. Its warmer now so its should be ok. Its ok to lose a slim snapper as i have 7 more.
By Benurmanii
Alex2893 wrote:I just lost a wip slim snapper to rot because i kept it to wet and wd had no sun cool temps are rain for 15 days. Now im trying to dry out all my plants as quick as possible. Its warmer now so its should be ok. Its ok to lose a slim snapper as i have 7 more.
Do they get much airflow? My VFTs experience very similar conditons during the winter, but I have never lost one due to rot. They were even in an extremely peaty mix during the winter, I think about 4/1 peat perlite mix.
By Alex2893
Benurmanii wrote:
Alex2893 wrote:I just lost a wip slim snapper to rot because i kept it to wet and wd had no sun cool temps are rain for 15 days. Now im trying to dry out all my plants as quick as possible. Its warmer now so its should be ok. Its ok to lose a slim snapper as i have 7 more.
Do they get much airflow? My VFTs experience very similar conditons during the winter, but I have never lost one due to rot. They were even in an extremely peaty mix during the winter, I think about 4/1 peat perlite mix.
My greenhouse is usually always open to let airflow in and it works fairly well. but i believe what caused my slim snapper to rot was i left the pot out in the cold rain for 2 days as i forgot I had it out. All my other plants are doing very well.

Id love to put a fan in there but my father does not want me to use more electricity as i used so much with the space heater during winter
Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!