FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By blucksy
I grow a Jamban and have had extreme success. Edwardsiana is not a super fast grower but I have it growing okay. I also recommend inermis, Jamban, robcantleyi, aristolochioides and lowii. Pm me for more recs if you want

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
By minimao
Thanks for your ideas, I have a lowii x campanulata and the others are quite hard to find here in New Zealand. It's very expensive and there is a lot of paperwork to import plants here too! Very strict biosecurity laws! I have obtained mine through growers - the highlanders/ intermediates and lowland/ highland crosses all do well in my city so it's a good range. Inermis is impossible to find here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Ae9803
IMHO Eddies grow pretty quick for me and will vary on the conditions. Jamban does tend to be a little picky especially if you have any temp/humidity variations. Some of the easier ones to grow generally are the hybrids, especially hybrids that are mixed intermediate with highland. What I would suggest is try growing more "common" HL neps like ventricosa or sangueina (SP?) :lol:
By Leathal_Traps
Eddies seem to not be slow but they take a long time to settle in. For me and a few other people I talked to it took 4 months.

A HL plant that I highly recommend is tentaculata. VERY vigorous grower, pitcher on every leaf and a great plant over all.
By minimao
Hey, thanks for feedback. I've never seen a tentaculatA here! My maxima x ventricosa grows very well here and I've also grown cuttings from it so yeah, ventricosa hybrids work well here. My Sibuyanensis is doing very well, 3 pitchers on it and they are huge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Ae9803
Leathal_Traps wrote:Eddies seem to not be slow but they take a long time to settle in. For me and a few other people I talked to it took 4 months.

A HL plant that I highly recommend is tentaculata. VERY vigorous grower, pitcher on every leaf and a great plant over all.
I see, I grew my SG baby when it was the size of a US Dime, never skipped a beat. :)
By blucksy
blucksy wrote:I grow a Jamban and have had extreme success. Edwardsiana is not a super fast grower but I have it growing okay. I also recommend inermis, Jamban, robcantleyi, aristolochioides and lowii. Pm me for more recs if you want

Idk why I said Jamban must have been tired or something. I met Rajah

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!