FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Nick
tatliz wrote: Would the rotting of the moss cause CO2 release? The moss is more than half gone now, so it's decayed and gone somewhere.

I'm terrified to even touch it now. I want to just go put it back on the shelf and leave it alone. I'm afraid starting to mess with it is going to be disastrous.
Leaving it alone will guarantee that it will die or remain etiolated and stringy, incapable of functioning as a normal VFT. I am with xr280xr that you need to slowly reacclimate it to increased light and decreased humidity, which will be difficult as it is likely quite fragile.
By jcroyle
xr280xr wrote:
jcroyle wrote:If it's airtight the water cycle just stayed in the container, like a mini Earth.

Pretty amazing though, to do it on accident.
Except what was producing the CO2?

Unbelievable that it's still alive. I accidentally buried a small division of a red piranha a couple years ago and when I repotted a year later, found it had like 5 inch, super skinny shoots trying to reach the surface all that time. But 10 years... It will definitely need to be slowly acclimated to lower humidity. Beyond that, just start giving it normal care - new sphagnum moss, keep it damp, lots of light.
Plants use oxygen at night and produce co2. Respiration cycle .
alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! […]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!!

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!