FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By fyrelocks
I just got my very first Venus Fly Trap after doing tons of research. It's still too cold here in NY to place my new plant outside. We just had more snow today. I'm looking forward to getting her, "Clover", outside with natural light and protected from my cats. We had a slight issue this morning where one cat knocked her over. I've since moved her to a closed off room. Once the weather is nice again I'll have my plant in a cage so that she's protected from animals, but can still feed.

I've been creeping on these forums for the last couple weeks learning everything I can about caring for these beautiful plants. I have little experience with plants, so I have been absorbing as much information as I can. If I am successful with keeping her healthy, I expect that I'll branch out and get a couple more. Those B52s and Maroon Monsters look gorgeous!
By Matt
Welcome to FlytrapCare! Good to hear that you plan on getting your new Venus flytrap outside as soon as you can, because that's where they do the best.

And yes, B52 and FTS Maroon Monster are two of the best flytrap varieties out there!
By evenwind
Welcome!
By Salute flytraps234
Matt is right b52 gives vigorous growth and produce big traps , fts Marroon monster I don't own one but it's the best red cultivator out for its size and growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By fyrelocks
Thanks! My cage just arrived for my VFT. I'm really tempted to go ahead and buy a B52 this week. Upstate NY should finally have Spring weather without the threat of another frost next week. My plants should be able to get a good 3 hours of direct sunlight each day on my balcony.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!