FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to organize or join a group order

Moderator: Matt

By 0rmus
Ok here is the idea. I feel many of the UK community would like to make orders to FlyTrapStore.com but with the added costs of postage and Phytosanitary Certificate and then if you want postal insurance on top of that …a small personal orders becomes quite costly.

I worked out a lot of cost could be reduced for individuals if a few people got together and made a group order.

Ok here comes the math bit.

The following is the cost of an individual TC tube in an order of 7 tubes against the cost of a single tube order to the UK. Prices converted to pounds.

$17.00 - Postage £10.71
$25 – Cert £15.75
$7.95 – Postal Insurance £5
$29.95 - TC Tube *price varies* £18.87

Cost for one tissue culture tube to the UK with postal insurance: - £50.33

10.71 + 15.75 + 5 + 18.87 = £50.33

Cost of one tissue culture tube to the UK with postal insurance made in a joint order of 7 tubes. - £23.37

10.71 + 15.75 + 5 / 7 = 4.50

4.50 + 18.87 = £23.37

Add few pounds for postage cost with in the UK and that’s a saving of around 50%

How could this work?

If one person ordered extra tubes on behalf of other people who paid them on showing purchase receipt. We could ensure Matt and Steve knew what was going on to ensure no funny business conspired on the transaction. There are obvious elements of risk and trust involved with this but if all went smoothly it would set up a great platform for trading cultivars. Maybe there are ways of further eliminating the risk?

Better still would be to have an affiliate of FTS or respected community official here in the UK take the orders and get payment direct.

Has anything like this been done before? What are people’s thoughts?
By Matt
0rmus wrote:Has anything like this been done before? What are people’s thoughts?
People have made bulk orders from other countries, but not from anywhere in the EU.

We (some members on this forum) placed an international order with Best Carnivorous Plants a few years back and it worked out well. You can definitely save by grouping up and splitting shipping and phyto. cert. costs.
By Daniel_G
Hmmmm, i'd be very interested in this idea.
Some of the FTS clones are appealing enough to make me want to do this.
Anytime after june, if you (or anyone else) want/s to do this, i'd be happy to work something out.
Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Hi Andy If you are talking about the brown marks […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!