FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Earthy
here are updated pics of my flytrap seedlings. they are approximately 2 months give or take. they are "painted" once a week with MaxSea and are kept on a germination mat (which means at least a every 3 days watering for them cause they dry out)

the oldest ones: top 2 are Dark Knight x Pink Sawtooth, the middle 2 are Big Mouth x DC XL, and the bottom bunch are seeds from another stores' 2013 and 2014 harvest:

the next set are: top ones are Colorado Giant x Gold Strike, and the bottom are A2 x DC XL. I have to replant some Low Giant x Dragon Fire because the first batch never sprouted :(

pictures with a dime for size reference:

Dark Knight x Pink Sawtooth:

Big Mouth x DC XL:

2013 and 2014 seedlings:

I have another red one (middle plant lol)!!

Colorado Giant x Gold Strike:

A2 x DC XL:

*plus I currently have some Red Line x Maroon Monster seeds and some Polish Dracula x DC XL seeds that are all sprouting, so pics of those soon to come!*

so, anything I can do different? do they look to be at the right moisture level? they're definitely growing lol...thanks for looking!!
By katya_dog1
They look good. :)

The media seemed dry at first glance, but the seedlings look fine so... That's an unusually coarse mix. Did you make it that way on purpose?
By Earthy
huh..no, it's equal parts peat and perlite by volume (maybe a teeny bit less perlite). the peat is chunky by nature, then I try to remove the biggest chunks. is this mix bad for them? cause I've tried a finer peat before, and it's ended in tragedy for the seedlings; they stayed too wet and rotted out :(
By katya_dog1
Coarse mix is actually good if they have a tendency to rot out. I just don't enjoy having to water super often, so I mix some chunks in with my sifter peat.

Anyway, the deciding factor in the end is the plants. If they're happy, what you're doing is fine.
katya_dog1 liked this
By Earthy
They are about 8" from the lights. I had them closer but they were drying out waaaay to fast and I was having to water every other day! But it must be enough because they're coloring up lol...

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!