FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By Spuffy
Not sure if this is the right section to post this in so mods, feel free to move accordingly.

Anywho, I was just wondering if a carnivorous plant will only produce a flower stalk if the plant is healthy and the growing conditions are favourable; or will they produce one even if health and growing conditions are questionable?

At the minute my VFTs and D. Aliciae are producing flower stalks like crazy so I was just curious if that means I'm doing something right.
By Matt
Spuffy wrote:Anywho, I was just wondering if a carnivorous plant will only produce a flower stalk if the plant is healthy and the growing conditions are favourable; or will they produce one even if health and growing conditions are questionable?
Venus fly traps will produce flower stalks regardless of their overall health and growing conditions. Flowering for VFTs is controlled by the changing of the seasons more than anything.

As for D. aliciae, almost all Drosera seem to flower incessantly.
By Goodkoalie
I have found that on almost all cps, the amount of flowers/the amount of seeds is better when the plants are better cared for. I have found that more flowers/seeds are made with droseras, Sarracenia makes more/ bigger flowers and a better seed set, and Dionea make more flowers with a better seed set when they are better cared for.
Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!