FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Branmuffin
Had this guy a couple years and he is straight savage, one of my favorite plants. Especially cool when he catches a mosquito that has recently fed and blood is oozing down the tendrils.

Anyone that has ever been on the fence about picking one up, do it.
IMG_4927.JPG
IMG_4927.JPG (1.07 MiB) Viewed 2384 times
IMG_4931.JPG
IMG_4931.JPG (971.38 KiB) Viewed 2384 times
By Copper2
Yeah, filiformis is a great plant. Someone sent me Florida Red and it’s really nice too
By Joeynator3000
Thought about getting another sundew, not sure which one yet, though. I may just wait and get another type instead for now, been thinking about a pitcher of some kind.

But yeah, pretty sure all sundews are savages. lol
By Benny
Branmuffin wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:49 pm Especially cool when he catches a mosquito that has recently fed and blood is oozing down the tendrils.
I love it already!
By Fly Trap Hunter
post is from 2017. i have seen a few like that. are ya'll stating in the house too much?
yeah. i love filliformis. i have a bunch. very hardy plant in zone 8.
CarnivoresUnite liked this
By Benny
Fly Trap Hunter wrote:post is from 2017. i have seen a few like that. are ya'll stating in the house too much?
yeah. i love filliformis. i have a bunch. very hardy plant in zone 8.
Ha! Never noticed how old it was. It just popped up as a recent post (maybe I should look at the date...).
By CarnivoresUnite
@flytraphunter the 'Dreamsicle' I bought from you last year is doing great! It is flowering now so I hope to get some interesting results from seed. I know they won't be "Dreamsicle' since it's a hybrid. but totally fine with that. Any filiformis is a good CP in my book..
By Fly Trap Hunter
CarnivoresUnite wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:59 am @flytraphunter the 'Dreamsicle' I bought from you last year is doing great! It is flowering now so I hope to get some interesting results from seed. I know they won't be "Dreamsicle' since it's a hybrid. but totally fine with that. Any filiformis is a good CP in my book..
I just had some dreamsicle x op seeds sprout so lets see what they look like. they seem to be red and no color or white. but it was also with florida red and all red flowers so I don't know. maybe if you had dreamsicle x dreamsicle = dreamsicle. I don't know. but I have also had dreamsicle seeds sprout. so you may get 3 types with dreamsicle seeds.
Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!