FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By tannerm
I use a very diluted max sea mix as foliar, root and pitcher fertilizer. Does wonders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By DeadlyCarnivore
Maybe try Osmocote pellets? Unless you just want to spray.. I dont know if any other kinds of fertilizer that you mix.

Sent from my SM-G935V
By Fishman
blucksy wrote:After maxsea burn im done. I am deciding whether I should use coffee or osmocote. I plan to use it for cephalotus, nepenthes and heliamphora.
What ratio of MaxSea did you use that caused the burn? For neps, i use 1/4 tsp per gallon. I have some plants where i use 1/2tsp/gallon, and others that i use 1 tsp/gal.
By blucksy
DeadlyCarnivore wrote:Maybe try Osmocote pellets? Unless you just want to spray.. I dont know if any other kinds of fertilizer that you mix.

Sent from my SM-G935V
I prefer non spray generally so I don't screw up. How has Osmocote worked for you?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
By blucksy
Fishman wrote:
blucksy wrote:After maxsea burn im done. I am deciding whether I should use coffee or osmocote. I plan to use it for cephalotus, nepenthes and heliamphora.
What ratio of MaxSea did you use that caused the burn? For neps, i use 1/4 tsp per gallon. I have some plants where i use 1/2tsp/gallon, and others that i use 1 tsp/gal.
I used either 1/4 or 1/8
By tannerm
blucksy wrote:
tannerm wrote:I use a very diluted max sea mix as foliar, root and pitcher fertilizer. Does wonders.

Burned my plants using maxsea. Kind of scared to use it again.
I use 1/8 tsp for 26oz (the size of my spray bottle)... so probably an even higher dose than you used. Never burned them once. How much are you spraying lol

By Fishman
tannerm wrote:
blucksy wrote:
tannerm wrote:I use a very diluted max sea mix as foliar, root and pitcher fertilizer. Does wonders.

How much are you spraying lol

That was my next question. Unless it is very super sensitive plant? I use mostly 1 full heaping tsp per gallon mixes for most of my plants with no problems.
By tannerm
Fishman wrote:
tannerm wrote:
blucksy wrote: Burned my plants using maxsea. Kind of scared to use it again.
How much are you spraying lol

That was my next question. Unless it is very super sensitive plant? I use mostly 1 full heaping tsp per gallon mixes for most of my plants with no problems.
Yep, they're pretty tolerant. Even the sensitive ones (I've also used it on seedlings)

By FLTropical
I've always found the plants respond well to max sea at 1/4 or 1/2 tsp per gallon. I do root and pitcher.

Media, on the other hand, doesn't respond well all the time. Mixes have been fine, but plants in pure Lfs have media breakdown problems.

By Seymour_
I have never used maxsea. I use schultz orchid fertilizer at min strength. I spray it on and give it a spray of water afterwards. I have also never put fertilizer inside pitchers. I am timid when it comes to fertilizers.

Sent from my S7 Edge via Tapatalk
By blucksy
tannerm wrote:
blucksy wrote:

I use 1/8 tsp for 26oz (the size of my spray bottle)... so probably an even higher dose than you used. Never burned them once. How much are you spraying lol

I guess maybe 4-5 times
By tannerm
blucksy wrote:
tannerm wrote:
blucksy wrote: Burned my plants using maxsea. Kind of scared to use it again.

I guess maybe 4-5 times
Seems like it should be fine. Which species? Are you sure it's the maxsea? Are you growing with LEDs?

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!