FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By SnapSnapIOM
I paid about 80 pounds for mine and i know they hard cheaper ones as-well (UK)

Mine even has 3 stage's of filtering i just wish i spent more and got the one with the TDS meter lol
By Nats
I use these to water all my plants.
I can direct the water where I want (around the edges, etc.) and it's better then simply pouring the water
on the top and making a big soil displacement hole:

http://www.fishersci.com/ecomm/servlet/ ... omSearch=1

BTW, I work in a lab, so I can get this sort of stuff ;)
By markus13
Do you have a basement/cellar? If you put a dehumidifier in it you can use that water, also. This was asked by someone on a previous post, but I don't have the time to find it and put up a link for you. Sorry about that, but mine gives me 3/4 - 1 gal. a day.
By pieguy452
Thats actually a great idea. That one i will strongly consider using. would any dehumidifier work? i have an old one thats a little dirty but it still works. would that provide me with clean water?
By markus13
pieguy452 wrote:Thats actually a great idea. That one i will strongly consider using. would any dehumidifier work? i have an old one thats a little dirty but it still works. would that provide me with clean water?
You may want to clean it's coils first if it's an old one, but yes it will work. It condenses that water out of the air, so it's free of most dissolved solids. The only thing that may be in it is dust/dirt from the air that settles in the container, but that would contribute mostly suspended solids. Suspended solids can be alowed to settle to the bottom or can be filtered out with a coffee filter. I don't bother removing the SS though because most of it is inert and won't harm the plants at all. ;)
By Nats
Well, I have all these buckets, trays, plastic basins, etc. to catch rain, only problem is, no rain!!

If we just had one really hard rain, I would have enough water to last a whole growing season!! :(

Better, easier, and cheaper then any other method! :)
By carnivorous1123
pieguy452 wrote:Can anyone post a link to where you can get a water butt or rain barrel?
you can get them from all garden centres if you live in U.S you would prbably be able to get one from walmart and definately from Lowes.
Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!