FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Sakaaaaa
I'm very confused about this. Does Drosera Capillaris need dormancy? I'm going to do a super (sub)tropical sundew haul sometime soon and I need to know.
By KategoricalKarnivore
Sakaaaaa wrote:I'm very confused about this. Does Drosera Capillaris need dormancy? I'm going to do a super (sub)tropical sundew haul sometime soon and I need to know.
The D. capillaris that grow here pretty much continue growing through the winter. We rarely get below freezing. They flower early March through April. Some flower themselves to death and some continue after flowering. The summer is hot and not much rain so some places they all die off because it's too dry. Some places remain wet enough and they continue to grow. You can see little seedlings germinating all year except for maybe December and January. The ones I grow outdoors grow all year long. Of course as stated above, different location plants grow differently. So the answer to your question regarding dormancy is that the plants native to my location do not require a dormancy. I can't attest to other locations.

Here's a recent picture of one pot I grow indoors.
Attachments:
IMG_4245.JPG
IMG_4245.JPG (854.11 KiB) Viewed 4088 times

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

Hey all, I wanted to ask about your thoughts on Pr[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning) […]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!