FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By Adelaide
Hi all. I was told these are moranensis by the person who sold them to me but they do not specialize in CPs and I'm not very good at pings. Can someone please confirm if moranensis or provide the correct ID. Thanks.

ImageImageImage

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
By evenwind
I'm curious how this turns out, too. When I first saw this posting, I decided to try to nail down the species as an exercise for my rudimentary ping skills. I wound up just where you did - without a definite answer.

On the "it's moranensis" side is the fact moranensis is a highly variable species across its range, so even if your plant doesn't look like a "typical" moranensis, it could still be one of the lesser known types. And, more importantly, there's also the fact that the grower ID'ed it as moranensis.

On the "it's not moranensis" side, there's two things I'm questioning. First, the diamond shaped leaves. Almost all the pics I saw showed much rounder leaves (although there were a small number of pics showing diamond shaped leaves in winter rosettes - but none of the rosettes were as large as your plants.) And second, I couldn't find any pics that showed a flower with medium-fat petals and yellow in the throat. There plenty of pics of skinny flowers or almost round flowers, but none with that particular combination.

So I'm sure I just covered the same ground that you did. And, as I said, now I want to know the answer, too.

Sorry I was no real help.
By Adelaide
I'll put up a pick of the plant let growing off a leaf pulling I took. The leaves are a little more round which is another suspicion I had - that I just don't recognize it dormant. The flowers are white in the middle, I think it just looks a little yellowish from the lighting.

By Adelaide
ImageImageImage

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

Hey all, I wanted to ask about your thoughts on Pr[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning) […]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!