FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By roarke
Besides other drosera species that i have, i have 4 aliceae and 2 coccicaulis. The heat is to be blamed, i think, because i have, in the last few weeks, from when i bought the plants till today, almost 26 Celsius in my room. I put 2 aliceae and 1 coccicaulis under transluncend plastic things. Two holes in plastic for coccicaulis and none for others. They are not making leaves with dew. After a while, they are dry on their tips. Can a humidity dome restore dew and recover them ? Somewhere in this forum, klasac from droseraworld said that before the sales, the plants are moved from a room in to the greenhouse. I don't have nothing against droseraworld, but why from a room and to a greenhouse and then of course in the room of the buyer ? Stress for the plants...
By Arizona Flytrap
Hello, the main reason why Sundews have lack of dew production is lack of light. These two plants like cool and bright conditions. If you can supply a few hours of direct sun then bright indirect light the rest of the day that will be good. If not, consider purchasing strong florescent lights that are minimum 40 watts and have the lights on for about 14 hours a day and the plants no more than twelve inches away. The other reason for your plants suffering from dew loss is shock from being moved from its old growing environment. I grow sundews in Arizona and have found that they dew very nicely even when humidity is under 10%. Hope this helps.

Jason

You know, it kinda hits you different when you onl[…]

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!