FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By xr280xr
Not the best growing year for me again. I spent this year moving all of my flytraps into 100% sphagnum moss in these new white pots. This was an attempt to rid myself of a mysterious annual attack I've been experiencing for a few years. As usual, the initial repotting seemed to work, but then they started going downhill. Even though I couldn't see any mites, I finally tried Avid miticide and that seemed to do the trick for almost all of the plants. A few have continued to struggle, which is concerning, but winter usually is a timeout on the attacks. Interestingly, I had predatory mites show up like crazy after I started applying Avid. Planning to buy and apply a miticide that kills eggs over the winter.

Anyway, a couple weekends ago, I finally repotted the last few remaining flytraps I had and last weekend moved them into my garage for dormancy. It's been staying pretty warm here until the last few weeks, and we still haven't had a frost. So here are the pictures of most of my flytraps before they go to sleep. Some are good as new, but many are still just recovering.
IMG_7257.JPG
IMG_7257.JPG (210.79 KiB) Viewed 1970 times
Seed grown
Seed grown
IMG_7258.JPG (446.13 KiB) Viewed 1970 times
Red Piranha are looking a little messy
Red Piranha are looking a little messy
IMG_7259.JPG (303 KiB) Viewed 1970 times
An FTS seed grown and Bristletooths
An FTS seed grown and Bristletooths
IMG_7260.JPG (182.04 KiB) Viewed 1970 times
My Wacky traps really came back this year. It was so close to dying last year, I was amazed it survived. Does anyone else see theirs get ingrown like this where new traps aren't strong enough to push up out of the rosette?
My Wacky traps really came back this year. It was so close to dying last year, I was amazed it survived. Does anyone else see theirs get ingrown like this where new traps aren't strong enough to push up out of the rosette?
IMG_7261.JPG (439.41 KiB) Viewed 1970 times
DC XL, a typical, and one other that's buried in the top left corner and I don't remember what it is/was
DC XL, a typical, and one other that's buried in the top left corner and I don't remember what it is/was
IMG_7262.JPG (508.89 KiB) Viewed 1970 times
Lost 2 of these to the plague. I had the little one labeled as a MM pulling, but it's looking like I got it mixed up.
Lost 2 of these to the plague. I had the little one labeled as a MM pulling, but it's looking like I got it mixed up.
IMG_7263.JPG (243.45 KiB) Viewed 1970 times
A Rocket Farms vft, what looks like a czech giant, and sawtooth
A Rocket Farms vft, what looks like a czech giant, and sawtooth
IMG_7265.JPG (214.88 KiB) Viewed 1970 times
2 Bigmouth's up front. I have my suspicions that the mysterious white specks you can see here are the dead bodies or shed husks of what has been killing them
2 Bigmouth's up front. I have my suspicions that the mysterious white specks you can see here are the dead bodies or shed husks of what has been killing them
IMG_7266.JPG (463.15 KiB) Viewed 1970 times
FTS Purple Ambush has just recently grown back. This is actually the first time I've seen it looking good.
FTS Purple Ambush has just recently grown back. This is actually the first time I've seen it looking good.
IMG_7249.JPG (491.41 KiB) Viewed 1970 times
G14, grew great most of the season, then got attacked, then started filling back in again recently. Amazing how this cultivar can fill up a pot.
G14, grew great most of the season, then got attacked, then started filling back in again recently. Amazing how this cultivar can fill up a pot.
IMG_7268.JPG (417.58 KiB) Viewed 1970 times
Grun and seed growns. Repotted these from the 2x2x3" pots last month
Grun and seed growns. Repotted these from the 2x2x3" pots last month
IMG_7248.JPG (172.83 KiB) Viewed 1970 times
More Grun and seed growns
More Grun and seed growns
IMG_7246.JPG (204.87 KiB) Viewed 1970 times
FTS seed growns. They are usually very uniformly dark red inside this time of year.
FTS seed growns. They are usually very uniformly dark red inside this time of year.
IMG_7250.JPG (436.22 KiB) Viewed 1970 times
A dog pile of seed grown (bottom left), Czech Giant or typical, and two of my favorite: Coquillage
A dog pile of seed grown (bottom left), Czech Giant or typical, and two of my favorite: Coquillage
IMG_7253.JPG (227.26 KiB) Viewed 1970 times
Freshly repotted Korrigans from a single 2x2x3" pot. I didn't realize it had so many divisions.
Freshly repotted Korrigans from a single 2x2x3" pot. I didn't realize it had so many divisions.
IMG_7254.JPG (431.95 KiB) Viewed 1970 times
FTS seed grown on the left and what are probably some Lowes/Botanical Wonders typicals. As you can see, the back right plant got hit hard.
FTS seed grown on the left and what are probably some Lowes/Botanical Wonders typicals. As you can see, the back right plant got hit hard.
IMG_7256.JPG (429.31 KiB) Viewed 1970 times
P. florian. Even my pings got hit. This pot had about 10 of these crowded in it. This was the only one to live but it really started taking off in October. My "Fraser's Beaut" died...that's a tough one. I replaced it with a leaf pulling from this florian which is doing well, though.
P. florian. Even my pings got hit. This pot had about 10 of these crowded in it. This was the only one to live but it really started taking off in October. My "Fraser's Beaut" died...that's a tough one. I replaced it with a leaf pulling from this florian which is doing well, though.
FullSizeRender.jpg (462.41 KiB) Viewed 1970 times
Their winter home. First time using two fixtures during winter. Normally I keep one light inside for pullings and TC.
Their winter home. First time using two fixtures during winter. Normally I keep one light inside for pullings and TC.
FullSizeRender (8).jpg (984.76 KiB) Viewed 1961 times
xr280xr, xr280xr, xr280xr liked this

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!