FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By dantt99
I got motivated for the past hour! I got the pot ready for my Sarracenia Leucophylla "Tarnok" coming tomorrow from FTS :D! I also re-potted all of my [2] Venus' into my new favorite mix :D

This is what the pot looks like kind of:

[ 5% Silica/5% Perlite ]
[ 35% Peat/20% Silica/20% Perlite ]
[ " ]
[ " ]
[ " ]
[ 15% Perlite ]'
You get the idea?
So here's some pics!

This is a little irrelevant, but when I planted my Drosera Intermedia "Cuba" I took some pics of the seeds so if you haven't ever seen Drosera seeds before you can see how tiny they are:
Here's my Cupped Trap in it's new home :D :
Here's my Typical at "the beach :lol: "
More Cupped:
Typical:
Cupped (Again :D):
Very nice macro shot of the typical's trap:
and here's my Sarracenia's future home :D :
Thanks for looking! :D
dantt99 liked this
By dantt99
Thanks! I think that the VFTs will do well in the larger pots, because their old pots, well, they were very small and the roots were pretty much down to the bottom (darn you BugBitingPlants! :lol: ) and the new ones I put them in are 4.5 or 5 inches deep. That Sarracenia pot is 6 inches deep, I think it will like the pot :)
By victor
Good luck with your new sarracenia. I would love to see a pic.
victor liked this
By jht-union
Thanks for putting the pics up, they look amazing dantt99, sounds like you're doing everything right, and yes, is good to be prepare before and not when the plant arrives on the same day, i already have my pots ready with peat in them(waiting to buy silica), as i'm getting ready for repotting all my CP's, + CP's i will buy from matt in spring!, i can't wait for my cephalotus to come tomorrow! :), i will also take pics to compare photos on how matt pack things, and of course not to compare the quality of the plants because we all know matt, and we know all his plants are in excellent quality, but it would be nice to compare which of the 9 we receive!!!, sadly i have an appointment tomorrow right around 3pm, that's when the USPS comes to deliver mail, so i'll try to take pics fast, and i'll try to post them as fast if i can!
Good lcuk with your plants tomorrow!
jht-union liked this
By Steve_D
That looks like a very good potting mix, Daniel. I'm sure your plants will be happy in their new growing mix and pots. The only comment I have is that with less than 50% total of sphagnum peat moss, the mix may dry out a little more quickly than you or the plants might like, if your climate is a relatively dry one, or you may have to water just a little more often, that's all.

Good job! And your plants look healthy and nice. :)
Steve_D liked this
By dantt99
Yeah jht, I can't wait either :D! Maybe the USPS dude will come a little later for ya ;) .
Steve- I live in the San Diego climate, so it might dry out a bit quick, but I'll make sure they don't dry out :D. I think that the plant should be okay because the roots are in the peaty area, so they should stay moist, and I'll probably water a little bit more :)
Jaws- Thanks :D more pics to come tomorrow of the Cephalotus and the Sarracenia :D
By Daniel_G
Your plants look happy, especially your cupped trap :) I've still got alot of potting to do :( About 3 neps and 2 sarra's and all the others.... Lot's o' fun eh?

Well done!
Daniel_G liked this
By dantt99
Thanks Gothic and Grey, It's nice to have it done! Now I'll get to watch them emerge out of dormancy :D Plus my order's coming today from FTS ! I can't wait :D I will get pics up tonight :)
EDIT! : Squirtoman, I forgot you existed :lol: Thanks for the kind words, and good luck with your re-potting. You just using the standard mix? :)
By victor
So did your leucohylla arrive yet?
Drosera germination time

I know I got the "Redrum" seeds from th[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!